Sunday, December 28, 2008

Shopping, I KILL YOU DEAD

December is a very, very cruel month. First, after barely recovering from writing at least 60 - 70 pages worth of essays, I am hit with exams which, in stress years, steal away at least 5 years of my life.

Then, after exams are over, I must devote every minute of life to making hand- made presents, buying presents, agonizing what to make or buy, agonizing over that I did make or buy, agonizing over what I did NOT make or buy, wrap the crap, then realize at the last minute that I forgot Christmas cards and THEN I wonder what the heck to write in them to make then meaningful.

Oh and by this time I am broke. After all this, I comfort myself by eating copious mounts of holiday food and gain at last 10 pounds (but that's ok I need the weight :P ).

So Christmas is obviously awesome, what with spending time with people I know and love :D. BUT then.... the evil begins....

GIFT CARDS. BOXING DAY/WEEK. Did I mention that I am STILL broke? That I have textbooks to buy next semester? That all of the money I got for CHhristmas will most likely go towards those textbooks? That consumerism, vanity and fashion advertising practically yanks me towards those holiday sales?????

Woe, I say. To combat this I resolve to spend tomorrow inside the house knitting scarves, eating fruit and rice, reading philosophy books and NOT thinking about those sexy shoes I will buy with my Le Chateau giftcard. Honestly, do I really NEED a pair of leather gladiator stilletos? *agonizes* This isn't like buying the latest book by Stephen King!!! You don't have to try on a book and walk around with it... you don't have to match it with all your clothes.. you don't have avoid breaking your feet.... you don't have to avoid mud puddles... YOU DON'T HAVE TO ____________ *insert anything here*

This is the woe my life has become.... I am now a nerdy bookworm AND a shopaholic. Its nice to be balanced, and stuff but.... *coughcough COUGH* Oh and by the way, this blog entry was mostly a parody. I like shopping, I like books, I like December (with all its stress). Most of all I like making people laugh.

The End.

1 comment:

  1. SILENCE!!!!!

    Let's go caroling, we'll sing songs like, O Holy Crap, Bin Laden is Coming to Town and Jingle Bombs:D

    ReplyDelete