Monday, June 27, 2011
New life to the blog
So I really haven't updated in a while. aka a few years. I was tempted to delete my old entries, but really they were not THAT embarassing, and I suppose it is a nice snapshot of me from a few years ago.
I am updating this blog again because... (drumroll)
1) I need to practice writing, I am dreadfully rusty
2) I want to experiment with promoting my jewellery website
3) I love reviewing movies, books, sharing life
4) really this is all a harsh wake-up call that with each passing year I become less and less funny and more distracted by shiny things.
I am also going through a big life change soon (not menopause) and maybe all the people I cannot maintain daily contact with can read about what I am doing. :)
SOOOO.... big life changes: (I like making lists, have you noticed that? I also like brackets, they delude me into thinking I can ramble without anyone noticing)
1) My dear boyfriend proposed to me in April, and we are planning a 2013 wedding. I have so far attended one bridal show and while it was fun, it was also slightly boring. Thank goodness my mom and his mom are both majorly excited and happy to plan it all for me.
2) I am all graduated from University! With a BA in Medieval and Renaissance Studies and a minor in English. I have mixed feelings about my program and my 4th year, but that could just be residual stress talking. Overall I am grateful for the experiences university has given me, and I think I am prepared to take another step forward, personally and academically.
3) I am now attending UBC's Creative Writing program. It was always my dream to have a degree in Creative Writing, and I count myself doubly lucky to in a few years have not just one, but two degrees in areas I have 100% interest in. Thank goodness for supportive parents, and thank goodness for my fiance going to law school, now I don't have to go. :P
4) I AM MOVING OUT OF MY HOUSE. And living with my fiance, and my lovely Siamese cat Nigel. More about this later.
So that's it! I'll update again in a bit, with more jewellery-related stuff. Please don't read my older blog entries, because they are horrible and just evidence that I hoard in cyberspace as well as real life.
For now, here's a link to my jewellery website and a picture of my cat.