Tuesday, November 29, 2011

It never rains but it pours.


It's pretty rainy today where I live. I'm always sleepy on rainy days, and my cat was not impressed with me this morning when I slept in!

He's a strange fellow, my cat. He'll meow and screech in the morning for food, and when I get it out for him he practically explodes with excitement. Then he just sniffs it, ignores it, and looks up at me with a curious look on his face. Apparently his meows did not mean feed me, but  Pet meee... PET ME.... PET PET PET. And because I am his slave, I give him a pet and THEN he eats. Ugh.

I know what you are thinking, miniscule audience of readers. Where are the beads in this story?

Trust me, the beads are everywhere. Whenever I procrastinate my beads slowly migrate everywhere until they cover everything I am actually supposed to be doing.

I've been so busy with school! All my final projects for my creative writing masters program are due by the first week of December, and I have discovered that I can procrastinate just as well on creative work as I can on my undergrad essays. But I don't procrastinate as much, of course, since I write every day anyways. But yes, that is why my website is so slow in coming. I've been re-uploading my pieces, but since all my data was lost when my former website shut down, I have to re-measure everything again. Pure tedium. But I'm slowly getting everything done. One thing I got better at once I moved out of my family home was time-management and multi-tasking, and while I am not a domestic wunderkind by any means, I have gotten much better (my fiance will scoff at this however. I am late for all our dates).

On the bright side, one of my pieces (this one: http://www.bonanza.com/listings/The-Pale-Garden-Necklace/43659528 ) got featured on the "what's new?" front page of Bonanza.com. Pretty exciting stuff. It wasn't up for that long, but still. And yes, I took a screencap to gloat over in my old age.

... what was the point of this blog post again? I don't remember! :P So much for being better at multi-tasking. I think it was just an assurance that I would get stuff done? An attempt to post semi-regularly to this blog?

Since I have nothing more to say, here is a picture of me being devoured by a sculpture when I should have been doing homework. I know, I know, my priorities are all mixed up.





No comments:

Post a Comment