Monday, July 23, 2012

"Short" Updates


No updates for a while, but I'm back! Lots of "stuff" going on: good, bad, in-between. And everything comes in threes!


Bad:

1) Me and my fiance were offered an apartment on campus for the school year, only it's smaller than the one we had before and THEY WON'T LET US VIEW IT. No one is allowed to view any unit and yet they still expect people to sign leases. Due to a lack of security resources. This stone-brained decision from this school does not surprise me. They have lots of security incidents on campus so rather than actually doing something about it they decide that it's a far better idea to not let their students view a unit before signing a lease.

I'm not joking. We are not allowed to see it. At all. (luckily the lease is month-to-month so if it's really bad, we can leave. We considered it already, but.... living on campus is so convenient)

2) I still waste my time reading random articles on the internet. But this one is pretty cool: http://www.lifeslittlemysteries.com/1171-slideshow-strange-everyday-things-space.html

I've always been fascinated about space since I was little. Still am. Now I feel like watching ET.

3) I am no longer living with my family. (I won't elaborate. It's a long awkward story). The place I am at now, while great, does not have good lighting for jewellery photography :( ... hence the lack of jewellery related blog posts for the past week or so.

In-Between:

1) me and the vet are 95% sure that Nigel has Colitis. We're slowly narrowing down causes and trying out some extreme hypo-allergenic food, dry and soft. He seems to be improving. At a snail's pace, but improving. The swelling in his intestine has gone down, apparently.

Nigel still needs a pill once a day. I trick him into eating it. He spits it out. I trick him again. It's a game. I'm so used to taking care of him I'll probably treat my future children like cats. Minus the swearing and cursing when they try to avoid taking pills by sprinting all over the room and trying to bury their face in random items such as blankets, a cat cave, my armpit, etc.

2) I'm not living at my family home anymore. Did I mention this was awkward? On the bright side, my sudden move made my parents realize that my sisters don't have to share a room anymore and will renovate my room. It needs it. Badly. The ceiling light has not worked for 5 years (I operated on sunlight, and three different lamps). The walls are white. The carpet is blah. So it's a good excuse to completely clear out my room and no one's offended because I'm clearing it out for "renovations", not because I decided it was healthier to be somewhere else.

3) How the F did I end up with so much STUFF! 22 years of sentimentality clogging up my room. Moving out of the house wouldn't be so sloooooow if I didn't acquire so much junk, and crafting supplies, and knick knacks, and figurines, and souvenirs. I also have way too many clothes and shoes. My fiance would like to interject and label this all under 'junk', by the way.

Good:

1) I got all the courses I wanted for the second year of my Creative Writing MFA. Novel-writing, Screenplay, and Teaching Creative Writing. I really have to ramp up my writing output and start my thesis novel. I have to send off some short stories to magazines. I have some pretty big ambitions for this year and the next, so don't be too surprised if my "BEADS! BEADS! BEADS!" blog becomes some sort of "BEADS! WRITING! CATS!" mish mash.

2) I am slowly narrowing down this gargantuan to-do list involving my wedding. And it's not big stuff. Just mountains of little details. Poor fiance. This whole week, he's had to look at wedding cake and favours and my various angry faces as the to-do list slowly squashes my brain. He's a tolerant guy. This is good. Because I'm going a little crazy.

3) I move back to TO in August. This cannot come soon enough. I'm not exactly a city-person (what am I saying, I love the city! I just may not like people...). But I love having my own apartment with my fiance. It's a little haven where I can get a lot of writing and beading and thinking done with very little interruption.


So, my life is a little topsy-turvy right now. But that's okay.




No comments:

Post a Comment