Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Crystal Clay & Game of Thrones - Part 2, House Lannister


Halfway through Season 3 of HBO's Game of Thrones already! Where does the time go? I must say, I'm really happy with HBO's decision to split book 3 into two seasons. As much as I enjoyed Season 2, I found it very rushed and think that Season 3 is already benefiting from improved pace.

As promised, I've completed a jewellery set for House Lannister. This is just for me to wear of course, I don't like lawsuits and I don't make money off of franchises I have no license for. :)

Everyone loves to hate a Lannister. Although I'm definitely backing Tyrion as a survivor by the end of the series. Everyone loves to love Tyrion.


Here's the necklace:





I made the necklace large and bold, using deep red Crystal Clay and a mix of Swarovski and Czech Preciosa crystals. I dusted the clay with gold mica powder because House Lannister is the richest house in Westeros. I thought about going with a bright gold metal, but I didn't want it to look gaudy.


And here's the bracelet:


The bracelet is my favourite out of the set, mainly because it's size allowed me to add in more detail. I stamped in scrollwork with gold ink and dusted the clay even more liberally with gold mica powder.

My favourite touch is the chain that I added along the sides. Every House is indebted to House Lannister in some way, monetarily and for other reasons. Ah, symbolism.



So what House shall I do next? I was going to do House Tully, but alas, I used up the last of my deep red crystal clay on House Lannister. Figures, House Lannister tends to take all.

I guess I'll have to 'make do' with the Tyrells. I enjoy them, perhaps even more so on the show than in the book, if only because Margaery is a badass and her grandmother even more so. The Lannisters better watch out! I won't say any more because I don't want to spoil the books for anyone.

Tune in again next week for my Tyrell-inspired jewellery!


---

For Part 1 of my Game of Thrones-inspired jewellery see below:

Part 1: House Stark

---

To see my original hand-made jewellery, please visit my store.


DISCLAIMER: The jewellery I make in this blog series are original designs and NOT copies of those made by HBO.

No comments:

Post a Comment